The Fast, Effective Solution for Chronic Sinus Trouble: Balloon Sinus Dilation
Balloon sinus surgery is also known as Balloon Sinus Dilation or Balloon Sinuplasty. Balloon Sinus Dilation is an advanced technique that minimizes discomfort and maximizes recovery speed. This procedure allows our physicians to reshape the sinus pathways by inflating small balloons in key places within the nose and sinuses thereby restoring drainage. Curing chronic sinus conditions can now be done much faster and more effective than traditional sinus surgery.
More than 100,000 patients have been successfully treated with balloon sinus dilation and Dr. Sigari is one of a handful of Los Angeles sinus doctors to perform this advanced procedure. This procedure effectively provides long term relief for sinus congestion, sinus headaches and many other symptoms and conditions.
There are many benefits to balloon sinus dilation:
- Safety – Clinical studies show that balloon sinus dilation is safe and effective in relieving symptoms of chronic sinusitis.
- Minimally-Invasive – Balloon dilation uses small, soft, flexible devices that enter entirely through the nostrils, with no cutting of the skin.
- Reduced Bleeding – In traditional sinus surgery, “packing” is usually required to control post-operative bleeding. Packing is not usually required after balloon sinus dilation.
- Fast Recovery – Although recovery times vary, many people can return to normal activities within 24 hours after sinus dilation.
- Lower cost compared to surgeries and other procedures
- Local anesthesia, safer than general anesthesia
For answers to frequently asked questions about Balloon Sinus Dilation, see our FAQ page
Dr. Sigari performs sinus dilation procedures right here in our office in Marina Del Rey, so you don’t have to go to a hospital or run around town for multiple visits. We also have in-office medical imaging that saves you the time and expense of visiting a separate office for the required scans. For added safety during your medical imaging, Dr. Sigari uses low-dose (low radiation) CT.
Contact Us today to make an appointment and breathe better!